Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happiness and Motherhood

I mean is it possible? Is it possible to be happy and a mother? Some people think that this is the only way to be happy. But that is a myth. It is actually a challenge to combine the two.

The Dalai Lama has said that parenthood is a burden. While I strongly disagree, it can certainly be a burden. I will reveal "secrets" about how to be happy and a mother in several blogs, starting today.

Secret #1:
I am a happy mother because I am not a mother at all, at least not right now. Right now I am a blogger. Other times I am a runner. Then I am a friend and then I am a lover. Whatever I do in the moment is what I am. When I sit, I sit. When it is time to be a mother, I love being a mother. I am proud to be a mother. My children are no burden to me. They are my precious moment. When I mother, I mother. When I sit, I sit.